Welcome to Get BlackHat the best place to learn SEO, Affiliate and Internet Marketing Register Now to access everything

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Group Journey] Directory+ WP Theme Web Design
~Do or Do Not, There is No Try!

[embed]http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x3275dl_directory-alliance-crawl_webcam[/embed]

One Project Idea in a Nutshell:

Create WP Directory with Local SEO to list Business Profiles and Events (ex: Sales) whereby business can then Claim Listings for free and purchase Enhanced Subscriptions to the site. Profiles claimed for free can include a Business Name, Description, 1 Photo, website link, email address, Google map, street view header and list of Business Hours. Paying members can then add extras to their profiles, such as 1 Video, 1 Ad banner, up to 3 Photos, Social Media Links along with a choice of Video, 3D Map or Slider header. Other monetization includes 'featured' placements of profiles and ads by businesses throughout the site (ex: homepage, category pages) while also selling pay-per-job-post and pay-per-event-post listings.

As this Website Saga goes, here are links to some start-up resources:

AIT Themes Directory+ Premium WP Theme features:
<tag>Magic Button : </tag>
AIT Themes Directory+ Plugins list:
AIT Themes Directory+ Graphics list:
AIT Themes Knowledge Base:
AIT Themes Documentation and Directory+ Documentation:
AIT Themes Support Center:
AIT Themes Directory+ Support Forum:
<tag>Magic Button : </tag>**********************************************************************

Beyond the conceptualization stage of this project (more or less), the development stage of the journey begins with...
Step 1: Theme and Plugin Installation - initial testing to ensure all products are working properly, including demo data, for proof of concept.
(See Checklist below for details.)

After receiving and reviewing the GB deliverables, check server requirements are met before installing WP Theme followed by the various Plugins required. (Personally, I am using a Managed WP hosting account with GoDaddy; which then doesn't require WP Super Cache or BackupBuddy, for example.)

Aside from the up-to 15 AIT Themes Plugins which may be installed (myself, not needing the Migration nor the Updater plugins, for example, but most others), these are additional 3rd party plugins which may also be included:

You must post to unlock this link
(Free Version at WordPress.org)
(Thanks to VIP @Loomy - Full Reps!)
(Free Version from WooThemes.com)
(Free Version at WordPress.org w/ Business Rating and 1 Review)
Video Player (in my case, vooPlayer)
Ad Manager (in my case, AdSanity)
WP Call Directory w/ Twilio (Thanks to VIP @beniamin - Full Reps!)

Q#1 --> What else do you think would further enhance the value of a Directory like this? What is your project plan?

Please jump in with any thoughts, ideas and recommendations at any stage or step of this project, your project, or anyone else's project, especially if you care to share any solutions you may have to issues which arise during this journey many of us now find ourselves on. Let us know how you are doing and where your project is going, as I am sure others appreciate the insights as much as I do :-) Conversely, encounter any problems on your journey you would like to trouble-shoot here? This is the place - Document your project, and let's work toward making the best directories possible!

TIA for your community spirit - I look forward to others adding when and where they can, and will provide support where I can to any issues you may have developing Directory+

May the GBH Be With You!
Step 1 Project Work Checklist: