Welcome to Get BlackHat the best place to learn SEO, Affiliate and Internet Marketing Register Now to access everything

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
places as he raced to negate
DETROIT -- Don Mattingly wouldnt mind a rematch.
You must post to unlock this link
. The Los Angeles manager knows full well that if his Dodgers face the Detroit Tigers again this year, it can only happen in the World Series, so despite Wednesdays 4-1 loss in Motown, Mattingly would be happy to return. "Well take that right now, and Im sure the Tigers would, too," Mattingly said. "Wed love to be here again." The Dodgers split two games against the Tigers in Los Angeles in April, and Detroit swept the two-game series this week. Max Scherzer pitched seven impressive innings Wednesday, outdueling Zack Greinke and lifting the shorthanded Tigers. Detroit was without sluggers Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez, but the AL Central-leading Tigers scored two runs in the first inning against Greinke, and Scherzer (11-3) made the lead hold up. The All-Star right-hander allowed a run and four hits. He struck out seven and walked two. "Hes a great pitcher, and he showed why again today," Dodgers second baseman Dee Gordon said. "You dont get many chances against him, and when you do, hes got so many pitches that hes able to throw that you cant just sit on something." Joba Chamberlain struck out two in the eighth, and Joe Nathan fanned two in a perfect ninth for his 18th save in 23 chances. Greinke (11-5) allowed three runs and seven hits in seven innings. He struck out eight without a walk. "You look at their lineup today, and you think you are getting a break with Cabrera and Victor being out," Greinke said. "But they were putting up great at-bats all day. I was throwing good pitches." Miguel Rojas of the Dodgers hit his first career homer in the fifth. Cabrera was given a day off by Detroit manager Brad Ausmus, and Martinez is dealing with a lingering back issue. The Tigers won without them. Scherzer escaped a first-inning jam thanks to some impressive fielding behind him. Yasiel Puig hit a one-out triple, but with the infield in, Hanley Ramirez hit a sharp grounder to Eugenio Suarez, and Detroits rookie shortstop threw quickly to third to catch Puig off the base. "That was a great play," Scherzer said. "He just made an instinct play -- saw Puig was off the base, and made a quick little snap throw. That just helped keep the game where it was." Rajai Davis made a sliding catch in left field for the third out. Austin Jackson opened the bottom of the inning with a triple of his own and scored on Ian Kinslers single. Kinsler advanced to second on a wild pitch and scored on a two-out single by Don Kelly. Greinke was sharp after that. Detroit scored again in the fourth on an RBI single by Nick Castellanos, but the Los Angeles right-hander retired the last nine hitters he faced, striking out the final four. But the Dodgers couldnt overcome Scherzer. They put men on first and second in the third, but Puig hit into a double play. In the sixth, Puig hit a leadoff double, but the next three batters couldnt hit the ball out of the infield. Matt Kemp went hitless with three strikeouts. Hes now 0 for 21 against Scherzer. Torii Hunters sacrifice fly in the eighth gave Detroit another run. NOTES: Mattingly says he doesnt plan any major changes to the lineup when OF Carl Crawford returns from a sprained left ankle. There could be a logjam with OFs Kemp, Puig and Andre Ethier also in the fold. "Were playing pretty well," Mattingly said. "Well just talk about it with (Crawford) -- let him know where everything is." ... Kelly drew the second intentional walk of his career in the eighth inning. ... Detroit faces Kansas City on Thursday night. The Tigers send LHP Drew Smyly (4-8) to the mound against RHP Jeremy Guthrie (5-7). ... The Dodgers return home to take on San Diego. Los Angeles ace Clayton Kershaw (10-2) faces RHP Odrisamer Despaigne (2-0) of the Padres.
. -- J.R. Sweezy was the one part of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line that had avoided injuries or having to change positions this season.
. Left back Armero opened the scoring in the fifth minute when his deflected shot rolled past Greece goalkeeper Orestis Karnezis. Striker Teofilo Gutierrez poked in Colombias second goal from a deflected corner in the 58th and James Rodriguez capped it off with a low shot in stoppage time after a slick backheel flick from Juan Cuadrado.
. Pikul Khueanpet scored early in the second half and Kanjana Sungngoen made it 2-0 in the 65th minute of the playoff. Tuyet Dong narrowed the margin with goal four minutes from time. The win gave Thailand fifth place at the Asian Cup and the last of the continents qualifying spots for the 2015 Womens World Cup in Canada.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at [email protected]! Good Day Kerry, I have been involved with hockey for 52 years. I grew up and continue to live in the town of Forest, Ontario. Your father used to coach the AAA midgets in Sarnia when I was a Juvenile hockey player in Forest. The midgets used to play in the Juvenile league. We had some great games back then. No one worried about getting hurt. It was a great time. I also used to play hockey with Terry Gregson at the University of Western Ontario. He lived on the same floor in residence. Enough of my rambling. If your schedule permits I would be interested in your thoughts on this. I was sitting at the dinner table tonight having supper and watching the hockey highlights from the Boston/Tampa Bay game and witnessed the Steven Stamkos incident. It was obvious from what I saw that Dougie Hamilton took out Stamkoss legs. The result is a broken keg. Was there a penalty? Should there have been one? Thank you,Allan J. Wilson --- Hi Kerry, like your column. I watched the Steven Stamkos injury play today - on the replay it looked like Dougie Hamilton gave him a quick shot to the back or quick cross-check causing Stamkos to propel uncontrolled into the goal post - possibly Im wrong but it sure looked that way on the three replays I watched. The referee appeared to be in a very good position to see this but called no penalty. Im curious if you saw it the same and since there no penalty but a serious injury might the league look at this or given the perceived or real bias towards the Bruins and a few other teams is this likely to go unpunished whether I am correct or not? JB Allan and JB:Witnessing the snap of Steven Stamkos tibia against the goal post brought an immediate sick feeling to my stomach no differently than watching Pat Peake, the Washington Capitals first pick in the 91 Amateur Draft (14th overall), shatter his right heel in 14 places as he raced to negate an icing in a game on April 26, 1996 against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Peake went airborne from just below the goal line after getting a nudge on the back of his skate from J.J. Daigneault. The tripping penalty I assessed to Daigneault on the play was of little consolation to the budding Caps star who was forced to retire from the game two years later following multiple surgeries at the tender age of 23.
. We can only hope that Stamkos will recover fully from the surgery he underwent on Tuesday following what I deem to be an unfortunate accident as a result of minor body contact exerted by Bruins talented young defenceman Dougie Hamilton. The fact that Stamkos did not have the puck and the contact or "nudge" was initiated by Hamilton which caused Stamkos to lose his footing, a minor penalty could have been called for interference. The location and extent of contact however was very difficult to ascertain even with slow-motion replay so it would be almost impossible for the Ref to determine interference had been committed as both players went hard to the net. With Hamilton jumping up on the play and racing toward the net Stamkos took the inside lane away with a solid back check. Hamilton is seen approaching from behind and makes a downward chop in an attempt to eliminate Stamkos stick for a potential rebound. The two players were almost hip to hip as Stamkos applied the brakes and started to snow plough near the top of the goal crease. Hamilton nudged Stamkos on the hip or pushed off as the two players were in contact with one another causing the Lightning superstar to lose his footing and crash into the goal post. The result was sickening for sure as Stamkos sustained a serious injury. Aside from Steven Stamkos, I would bet there isnt anyone that feels worse about the injury than Dougie Hamilton. There was no malicious intent or aggressive physical contact demonstrated by Hamilton on this play. Incidental contact and battles for position like this happen frequently throughout every game that can result in a loss of balance and fall to one or both players. I see this as one of those unfortunate times. It was great to reconnect with you Allan but todays NHL is played at an unbelievably fast pace where injuries such as this do occur and we werent susceptible to as young players. I am sure you have followed Steven Stamkos from his Junior "A" days with the Sarnia Sting and know what a truly great person he is beyond just his superstar status as a hockey player. We wish Steven Stamkos the very best for a full and speedy recovery.
' ' '