Welcome to Get BlackHat the best place to learn SEO, Affiliate and Internet Marketing Register Now to access everything

Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[GBH VIP Guide] App Reskinning = Awesome ROI + Low risk [UNRELEASED on PUBLIC]
Quote:I hope what I have to offer is of value to some of you.

I was always a 9-fiver. In fact, I did 20 years in the military before retiring and converting to a DoD civil service position. I expected I would retire doing the fed thing until I turned 65. Working for the government is a stable gig, and having a family to feed made this the ideal job.

Last year the US government had their heads in their bums and the budget was a wreck. As a result thousands of federal employees, including myself, were furloughed. This cracked the foundations of a rock solid career that I had depended on since 1991.

I had a few bucks in savings and decided to invest it into a side venture to supplement my current income in the event there was an emergency.

I will be completely honest and say that I am not a coder, I knew nothing about app development, and I never would have entered into the app business until I came across an article that was pretty convincing (it's nowhere to be found btw, was going to link it). I didn't take the article for face value though, so I did some more research on app reskinning and here is what it's all about.

Essentially app reskinning is acquiring unlimited rights to an already tested and proven source code and changing the theme, graphics, and sounds to make an entirely new app. It's perfectly legal, and you can check out a myriad of sites that offer licenses to popular source codes for very cheap, typically between $300 - $700.

The license is unlimited, meaning you can make thousands of apps from that one source code and it costs you no more out of pocket. It's a huge untapped revenue stream, and the money is better than I could ever have imagined.

I did some reading and setup an Apple developer account for $99 a year, which allows you to upload as many apps as you want. I acquired a code and outsourced the entire job for $800 (the code plus making the app my own). What happened? In 1 month I was at $857 in ad revenue. In month 2 that dipped to $680, and I sold the app flat out for $1000.

I more than tripled my money in 60 days. After that I was hooked, and I reskinned it again; except this time my out of pocket was $300 as I already retained unlimited rights to the code. My profits were similar to the first.

This was all last year, and I have reinvested and acquired new codes and have released dozens of apps and have flipped them for easy profits.

Anyone can do this. You need no prior technical knowledge. You can outsource the entire effort for pennies on the dollar on Elance or Odesk.

A lot of people ask why I don't develop new apps. I am actually just getting into that as of late. If you are considering developing your own app, this is still the best way to go. You can get into the business for a low initial investment. You can see what works and what doesn't. You can work with developers and find out how to negotiate and find out what things actually cost so when you lay down thousands for your own app you aren't unprepared.

This is a great passive moneymaker, and has turned out to be more than a few extra bucks a month. I am very close to being debt free and quitting my day job.

On a side note, I have started a website where I will offer unique apps to a paid forum. What I have found through this is that every reskin license is only available on iOS or Android platforms, not both. Apple and Android utilize different coding languages, so your app will only work on one or the other. There is a huge customer base that reskinners are missing out on. My site will offer code in both iOS and Android versions, an industry first.

This is completely legit and real. It's a great income source.

[center]
Don't FORGET to [Image: heart.gif] ADD REPUTATION [Image: heart.gif]
if you found it useful!!! [Image: cool.gif]
I will not get tired sharing!
Just don't forget to ADD REP+!
[Image: smile.gif]
[/center]